Saturday, August 30, 2014

Steam Wench's Salon

The Steam Wench’s Salon: A Penny Dreadful Review

Here is the blog of a Canadian Steampunk. She found herself running a Steampunk group in Vancouver, and has chronicled her adventures in crafting, costuming, and Steampunk on http://steamwenchsalon.blogspot.co.uk/.
Steam Wench has a fascinating collection of posts. She’s described everything from mudlarking to designing a brochure, from sewing projects to history. She has a clever, amusing tone with a sophisticated vocabulary. When she posts a how-to, it is clear and easy to follow, with plenty of pictures of both the work in progress and the finished product. I read her blog post about putting together a Steampunk tea cozy, and I thought I could have a go at it. Then I remembered that I sew like an inebriated simian with a missing thumb, so I wisely did not attempt it.
        If I had any skills in the sewing department, I might attempt the vendor’s apron that Steam Wench recently explained – it would be enormously useful. If any of my devoted readers feel like a bit of a sewing project and have sufficient scrap fabric lying around, I wear size medium.
I give this blog four gears out of five. Every post is brilliant, but there need to be more of them. Soldier on, Steam Wench! Good luck to you! I like the way you write, so you should write more!

Your Correspondent From The Aethernet,

Penny J. Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment