Friday, August 15, 2014

Sherlock Ninja

Sherlock Ninja: A Penny Dreadful Review

Recently, I came into possession of a peculiar comic book by the talented and prolific artist Fred Perry.  It is the first issue of something called Sherlock Ninja. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. Sherlock Holmes is a ninja.
        There is a damsel in distress, threatened by an ancient eastern artifact.  There is Sherlock Holmes’s characteristic mysteriousness. There is even Watson – a young lady called Watsu-san, whom I would love to learn more about. Altogether a satisfactory story employing Fred Perry’s characteristic comedic touch of misdirection and lovely art.
I give this delightful little story four gears out of five. I enjoyed it a great deal.  I would definitely love to see more. Grab a copy the next time you run across Mr. Perry – it is well worth the three-fifty.

Your Correspondent From The Bookstore,
Penny J. Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment