Friday, September 26, 2014

Territory 51

Territory 51: A Penny Dreadful Review, by Penny J. Merriweather

            An alien spaceship crashes to Earth right on top of a train about to be robbed by a gang of outlaws in 1873. The aliens emerge, and let’s just say this does not end well for the outlaw gang. I shan’t spoil the story by James Heffron, but I will tell you that the horrifying aliens can shapeshift and require gold to repair their damaged ship.
            The comic is Territory 51, a new series put out by Law Dog Comics.  I acquired the first issue, and enjoyed it immensely. The story seems interesting, and I like the art quite a bit.
            The art by Patrick K. LaHotch and Chad Fidler is fantastic. They can capture a feeling so well. I especially love the way they do eyes – so much expression in so few lines. The play of light and shadow across the panels is exquisite as well. Quite brilliant and a pleasure to view.
            The second issue is set to come out in September 2013, and you will definitely want to read it. I give this title four gears out of five. I look forward to seeing where this story goes.

Your Correspondent From The Bookstore,


Penny J. Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment